You can build a model remotely. The best way, depending on your software, is to use Gemini.NET ASCOM driver along with planetarium software and plate solving software (for example, TheSkyX). The sequence would be to:
- Set 'Sync performs additional align' in Gemini.NET advanced settings
- Issue a goto to an object (star) from planetarium software
- Do a plate solve of the image at wherever the mount winds up pointing
- Issue a Sync through your plate solving software to the coordinates it solved
- Repeat 2-4 more times for objects widely separated in RA
Sorry... no video.